How would we recognize Capitalism 2.0 if we saw it? Is it time for a “Gold Standard”?
Are you working to incorporate sustainability into a business strategy? Are you frustrated or confused by the multitude of standards and where to direct your energy? Can you imagine how your customers, suppliers and investors feel? Is the sustainability movement being hampered by this lack of clarity? Is there a better way to reach Capitalism 2.0?
DATE: Thursday, February 7, 2013 (registration closes on Feb. 4th)
TIME: 4:30-7:30 EST (snacks & networking from 6:30-7:30)
LOCATION: Bennett Jones, 1st Canadian Place, 100 King St. W., 34th Floor, Toronto
FREE LIVE WEBCAST & twitterchat #tssschat from 5:00 – 6:30 PM EST
Join us on February 7th as author and sustainability change agent Dr. Bob Willard explores cutting edge research on an emerging “Gold Standard” to recognize a truly sustainable enterprise – an enterprise that will lead us to Capitalism 2.0. During this interactive discussion Bob will highlight:
- The global effort to define new standards, principles, indicators, and metrics for a sustainable enterprise
- Why the current rankings of the most sustainable companies are not helpful
- Why important stakeholders are anxiously awaiting a better model to assess companies
- Why companies that have already started to set Gold Standard-like goals have achieved greater profitability, resilience and cultures of innovation
- Bob’s own suggested environmental, social, and governance (ESG) criteria for a Gold Standard
This session will provide a sneak peak into where sustainability is going – for those who are serious about staying ahead of the trend, this event is a must attend.
* GROUP BREAKOUT session:
Each group will come up with several criteria of their own to assess an organization’s sustainability performance.
Lead Media Partner
Aman Singh (Editorial Director, CSRwire) will be our twitter chat facilitator
Capitalism 2.0 Strategic Advisor
Michael Townsend (Founder and CEO Earthshine Solutions) will co-host our twitterchat from London, UK