Sport, Sustainability, Community, Legacy and Branding
Sport has a magical ability to unite millions of people across different economic, social, geographic and political lines. You can likely think of several great sporting moments that you will never forget. With those memories in mind, one begins to appreciate the enormous responsibility for the organizers of the Toronto 2015 Pan Am Games. They have an opportunity to do something special that will impact entire communities for generations to come. We want to know how they’re doing it.
On April 1st TSSS will host a panel of experts including Ann Duffy who was the Corporate Sustainability Officer to the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games and who continues to provide CSR guidance to the IOC and FIFA. Our panel will explore the power of sport to reach people and communities like nothing else can. Topics to be discussed include: Community Engagement, Sustainable Purchasing, Importance of a Clear Vision, Diversity and Inclusion, Branding and Leaving a Legacy.
[NOTE: We will be joined by many of the newly selected TOP 30 UNDER 30 Sustainability Trailblazer and even hear from a couple of them before the main presentation – don’t miss this opportunity to meet these amazing future leaders – click here to see the list]
Has your company ever tried to positively impact a community or group of communities as part of its sustainability strategy? Have you ever tried to implement a sustainable purchasing plan? Has your company ever stumbled as it explores its purpose in a changing economic and business environment? If you answered YES to any to these questions then this event is for you.
ENGAGE DIRECTLY WITH THE PANELISTS VIA OUR LIVESTREAM AND TWITTERCHAT (#tssschat)
REGISTER FOR LIVESTREAM BELOW
- Ann Duffy, Principal, The Ann Duffy Group Inc., CSR Officer at Vancouver 2010 Winter Games, Consultant to IOC and FIFA
- Naki Osutei, Director, Public Affairs and Social Legacy for the Toronto 2015 Pan Am/Para Pan Am Games.
- Zenia Wadhwani, Director, Community Outreach for the Toronto 2015 Pan Am/Para Pan Am Games.
Some of the topics that we will explore include:
- How a clear vision creates a safe place for thinking BIG
- How to implement a sustainable purchasing strategy for an event of this size
- What top level approach was used to maximize community benefits AND how is it being implemented?
- What can corporations learn from this approach to community engagement?
- What strategies are being used to ensure that the games will leave a positive legacy of sustainable excellence?
- How diversity and inclusion are being supported in all decision making
Where and When:
DATE: Wednesday, April 1st, 2015 (registration closes March 30th)
TIME: 4:30-7:30 PM (snacks & networking from 6:45-7:30 PM)
LOCATION: Loyalty One, 438 University Ave., 12th Floor, Toronto (use elevators on the left in the lobby)
TWITTERCHAT: #tssschat from 5:15 – 6:00 PM EST
LIVESTREAM available: Register for password